Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pollen, the sinus' Mussolini

Hello!  I haven't been updating too often because, honestly, not too much has been going on.  The search for employment is ongoing.  I'm going to start looking for more menial work.  (Human resource in bigger companies, etc.)  I'd love to be a teaching artist, but I'm having a hard time finding that sort of work.

ANYWHOO, The people who lived here before us planted beautiful flowers here before they moved out.  Or, they were beautiful before we neglected to feed or water them.

Such a disappointment.
Only problem is:  they're lilies.  And, contrary to what one Dallas area baker would have you believe, The Wife is allergic to all lilies.  Whenever we're downstairs she gets all caughy, eye-wattery, stuffy and headachey.  So today I told her that I'd get a shovel and "take care of the flowers."  (Say the stuff in quotes like a character from the Goodfeathers.)  Here's what my trip to the store looked like:

Why does the sun have a beak?
 And here's what the return trip looked like:

He lost his eye in the big one.  Don't bring it up.
(Before you get all excited and proud I didn't walk to the store.  I walked to the store from my car.)

So, I can't dig up the flowers today.  Partially because it's all rainy and partially because the dirt by the flowers is pretty thoroughly mud.  I'll do it tomorrow.  I brought The Wife's favorite Disney movie upstairs and we are watching it now since, you know, she's trapped upstairs in the tower and all.

If you have any job hunting tips or know of any teaching artist jobs in the Columbus area let me know.  Thank you all!

And now this week's obligatory The Cat picture:

He's under the bed, and the camera flash does not amuse him.


No comments:

Post a Comment