Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's been longer than a Month

So, yeah.  Sorry I left y'all hanging.  (I know you are all on the edge of your seats.)

I was going to post as soon as I got a job.  Well, here's a pictorial representation of my September:








Needless to say, no job has been gotten.  The closest I came was a theatre where I could work and act, which is the upside.  The downsides are long hours, very low pay, and inability to visit relatives and friends around the holidays.  That last one was the kicker.  The Wife saw how sad I was about that prospect and suggested I see if any grad programs excited me.  If I could get an assistantship like her than we'd be pulling in the same amount that I pulled in alone as a teacher.  (This is still more than I'd make at the theatre.)  There are four programs that I like at Ohio State ranging from theatre studies to education policy.  I take the GRE next week and I'm a little nervous about it.  The MAT the week after that.  After I apply I'll look for a retail-like job.

Why is everyone on the GRE website smiling?  That's false advertising.

That's all that's been going on here with me.  The Wife started school a couple of weeks ago.  She's doing homework a whole heck of a lot of the time (and I want that?)  She enjoys it so far.  She really likes her fellow grad students.  They don't judge her Perry the Platypus lunchbox.

And now for this week's Obligatory The Cat Picture!  Today he's watching Ancient Aliens:

The answer to every rhetorical question is, "aliens."

No comments:

Post a Comment